Poser file support (Uncompressed / Compressed):
- PZ3 / PZZ – Scene
- CR2 / CRZ – Figure
- PP2 / PPZ – Prop
- PZ2 / P2Z – Pose
- HD2 / HDZ – Hand Pose
- FC2 / FCZ – Facial Expression
- HR2 / HRZ – Hair Prop
- CM2 / CMZ – Camera
- LT2 / LTZ – Light
- MT5 / MZ5 – Material
- MC6 / MCZ – Material Collection
Default Poser Scene load.
- A default scene, containing only cameras, default lights, and Ground, will be included.
- Ability to set any Poser Scene as default.
- Preference switches to include/ignore cameras, lights, or Ground.
- Preload of default cameras, lights, or Ground.
Bake Poser objects.
- Convert interPoser Pro Poser Figures, Props, Cameras, and Lights
into standard Cinema 4D objects.
- Poses and morphs are retained.
- Figure and Prop animation can be converted to PLA animation.
- Undos can be stored.
Runtime Explorer for direct import of and Pose application to Poser content.
- Optimized to significantly reduce memory consumption and increase performance.
- Includes thumbnail notation to indicate when animation keys exist within Runtime item.
- Resolves geometry, texture, and readScript references during
content and Poser Scene (PZ3|PZZ) loads.
- Allows Poser 5/6 external Runtime variants.
- Includes inclusion/exclusion checkbox per Runtime used to limit Poser
Scene reference resolution.
- Ability to increase/decrease number of thumbnail columns.
- Textual search of Poser content or folders. The results are displayed in a list and a result can be displayed in Runtime Explorer by double-clicking on a list item. Features include:
– Text or wildcard (* and ?) search
– Search subfolders
– Case-sensitive or case-insensitive search
– Clear results on new search
– Clear current results
– Poser file types, folders, and compression as search criteria
– Uses same normal/selected colors as used by Runtime Explorer
– Columnar display by type (Folder/File icons), Name (filename), and Location (path)
– Sortable (ascending/descending), movable, sizeable columns
– R9+ Only: RuntimeExplorer scrolled to selected result (this feature is not available pre-R9)
- Save Poses to Runtime libraries.
- Create new folders in Runtime libraries.
- Delete content and folders from Runtime libraries.
- Rename content and folders within Runtime libraries.
- Copy/Move content and folders within Runtime libraries.
- Multi-selection support for Delete, Copy, and Move operations.
- "New-Style Apply" and "Apply only to Selected" options.
interPoser Pro Preferences
- Auto-Preferences between Sessions:
– Automatically stores the last selected folder in Runtime Explorer
and Folding/Unfolding of the dialog’s sections.
– Easy switch to enable or disable this feature.
- Import Scale
- Retain or Clear Object Manager selections on import and pose application.
- Logging to text file for bug reports. Includes incremental logging option
for situations when Cinema 4D crashes.
- "Hide Banner" option when screen space is tight.
- Switches to include cameras, lights, ground plane in Poser Scene and Content imports.
- "Group Cameras" and "Group Lights" options to determine whether to group cameras or lights under respective Null object.
- Morph dial parameter override settings (Min, Max, Sensitivity). This lets you limit morph dials when limits are too wide.
- Master dial parameter override settings (Min, Max, Sensitivity).
- Translate dial parameter override settings (Min, Max, Sensitivity).
- Option to enable/disable creation of Master-Slave relationships.
- Option to optimize first-segment finger limits for HandSpread. This allows more natural finger spreading on some figures.
- Option to search for alternate image file extensions. Although this makes life easier, it can increase import time.
- Personal settings for Cinema 4D Material Illumination Model, Specular Mode, Texture Image Sampling, along with others.
- Includes Poser 5+ Sub-polygon displacement map support.
- JPG automatically searched instead of BUM.
- Luminance channel used for Ambient Color/Value.
- Option to consider Material names as case-sensitive or ignore case.
- "New-Style Apply" and "Apply only to Selected" options.
Cinema 4D-independent Wavefront .obj file import
- Poser 6+ zlib-compressed Wavefront .obz file support.
- Uses Import Scale in interPoser Pro Preferences.
- Group (g), Facet (f/fo), Line (l), Vertex (v), Texture Vertex (vt), and Material (usemtl) support.
- Lines interpret as Splines in order to support Dynamic Hair.
- Subdivision of n-gons into Quad-fan+final-triangle (this subdivides n-gons into quadrangles in order to reduce polygon counts and memory usage).
- Retention of vertex ordering.
- Normals inverted.
- Multiple space-separated group (g) and material (usemtl) names resolved.
Automated Geometry and Texture import
- PathFinder will hunt down obj/obz and texture image files for you.
- Preferences option on whether to search for alternate image file extensions.
- You will be offered the opportunity to specify alternate resources if not found.
- Opt to continue searching for unresolved resources.
- Imports all standard Poser cameras (no Shadow cams) with correct projection.
- Focal support.
- Face and Hand cameras load parented and pointing to body part if specified in file.
- Accepts Camera poses.
- Support for infinite, spot, and point lights.
- Color (RGB), Intensity, Shadow support.
- Angle Start/End and Distance Start/End support for spot lights.
- Accepts Light poses.
Animation keyframe support
- Insertion at current Timeline frame.
- Static poses inserted at different frames are interpolated using Cinema 4D default.
- Insert/Overwrite requester on Pose application if keys already exist within frame span:
– Insert will take existing sequences/keys and shift them to the right.
– Option to shift only selected figures/props or shift entire document.
– Cancel aborts animation application.
- Dialog allows choice from Left, Right, Both, or Cancel (no application).
- HandSpread, HandGrasp, ThumbGrasp dials simulated.
- Prop parenting
- Figure parenting
- Auto Hair parenting
- Smart parenting
- Standard Cinema 4D Drag-n-Drop interactive parenting
- Drag-n-Drop Smart parenting
- Sets the Shading Mode and Style through a Cinema 4D Display tag
- Box extents as bone or geometry bounding regions
- Display iPP Base objects as bones in the View
- Box and Skeleton Styles increase performance in View and during animation playback
- Display settings available on iPP Figure tag, iPP Object tag, and under Actions tab on main dialog
- Figure Lock – Adds or removes Restriction tags to Figure’s mesh object and iPPBase bones.
- Zero Figure, Pose, Morphs.
- Reset Figure, Pose, Morphs.
- Remove dials, morphs, unset morphs, animation.
- "Use Bulges" switch: enable/disable bulges in bend deformations for entire figure.
- Bulge "Multiplier" to vary bulge effect per XYZ axis.
Left-to-Right, Right-to-Left, Swap
– Arms, Legs, Other (excludes Arms/Legs), All
– Apply to Pose.
– Apply to Morphs.
– Applicable to animation keys or static pose.
- Body Part Poser Parameter Window-like support
(see iPPBase bone object below for more details).
- Body Part (via PolygonSelection tag) Visibility support:
– Invisible body parts are not seen in either the Editor or Render or both.
– Body Parts are collected in the tag’s Attribute Manager as
– checkboxes for easy toggling of display.
– Swap button to quickly exchange Editor and Render visibility settings.
– "Show All", "Hide All", "Toggle", "Transfer" buttons to improve
– workflow for both Editor and Render visibility.
– Visible states set from loaded Poser scenes or content.
- Figures conformed in files loaded already conformed.
- Conform figures interactively by dropping conformer figure object into conformee figure’s iPPFigure tag Conform To linkbox and Conform.
- Drag-n-Drop Conforming/Unconforming.
- Display properties: Full, Box, Skeleton.
- Direct Tool support.
- Collision Proxy creation.
- Bendy Proxy support- reduced polygon mesh for Hair/Clothilde collisions that bends with figure in pose or animation.
- Material Zone Visibility.
- Create Master dial to control non-zero dials.
- Create Morphs as well as write them into new Poser CR2 from reference CR2 or as Inj/Rem Pose files.
- Load Morph Target onto Figure from Poser morph target Wavefront .obj file.
- Identifies Poser Props, Cameras, and Lights.
- Display properties: Full, Box, Skeleton
- Direct Tool support.
iPPBase bone object
- Figure rigging using iPPBase bone hierarchy below geometry – Each iPPBase bone represents a Poser Figure body part.
- Props, Cameras, and Lights receive one iPPBase bone object.
- Zero Body Part, Reset (to pose memorized in Poser – initValue), Zero Morphs.
- "Use Bulges" switch: enable/disable bulges in bend deformations for Body Part.
- Bulge "Multiplier" to vary bulge effect per axis.
- "Hide Zero-Value Morph|Master Dials" switch hides morph or master dials with a value of 0 to reduce dial clutter.
- Dials grouped into Transform, Morph, or Other foldable groups.
- Remove dials, morphs, unset morphs, animation.
- Scales can be converted between propagating or non-propagating.
- Multiple and parented figures are handled properly.
- Improved! Dynamic Axial-based weights.
- Pose application
- Animation application
- Animateable through Attributes Manager using standard Cinema 4D keyframing resources.
- Poser Parameter Window-like support using Attribute Manager sliders:
– iPPDial tags on each iPPBase represent Poser body part dials (channels).
– Support for Dial Characteristics with Edit button on each slider. Value, Min, Max, Step settings. Reset (initValue) button.
– Identification of Master and/or Slave dials.
- Bulges: Now very close to Poser bulges – Bulge Multiplier may be needed to increase/decrease effect on some bulges.
iPP Dial Tag system
- Poser Dial/Channel support: Scale, PropagatingScale, Translate, Rotate, ValueParms (master dials), and Morphs. Taper not supported.
- Dials simulate Poser value operations interpreted into Cinema 4D values in order
to retain accurate interpretation of Master/Slave dial interactions.
- Master-Slave Control: FBM (Full Body Morph), PBM (Partial Body Morph), JCM (Joint Controlled Morph), ERC, and other Master-Slave dial configurations, including archaic ‘linkParms’.
- Morphs integrated into the iPP Dial tag.
- Morph application
- Morph INJection and REMoval
- Animation application (morph)
- PMD external binary morph support from Poser 6+.
- Allows you to conform regular old Cinema 4D polygon objects to loaded interPoser Pro Figures!
- Conform using Poser body part naming-conventions (e.g.: BODY, hip, lHand, …) on polygon object’s PointSelection, PolygonSelection, or VertexMap tags (Point/Polygon Selections converted to VertexMaps).
- If the object has PolygonSelection tags, you can also conform using the Poser Figure’s Joint Parameters.
- Option to retain created VertexMap tags if unconformed from Poser Figure.
- To be added: something like PhiBuilder so that non-conforming ‘bodyparts’ on the Cinema 4D polygon object can be boned into the hierarchy.
- Allows selection of Poser Camera, Light, Prop, and Figure iPP Base objects. No Multi-Select at this time.
- Highlight Color configurable in Attribute Manager(9.0+)/Active Tool Manager(8.2/8.5) for iPP Tool.
- Option to enable/disable body part highlighting.
- Option to skip conforming Figures for easier posing of main Figure.
- Option to enable/disable Rotate/Twist control transparency.
- StatusBar shows currently highlighted selection and tool operation. Bubble Help or HUD can be used as well.
- Left Mouse Button + SHIFT (over Poser object) to traverse and highlight selection list.
- Left Mouse Button + SHIFT (not over Poser object) to toggle "Show Hightlights".
- Left Mouse Button + CTRL to traverse through operations.
- Left Mouse Button to select and start operation.
– Select: Select bodypart (iPP Base object).
– Translate: Translate either about screen plane or along bodypart axis (same as dialing).
– Scale: Scale either overall scale (Scale dial) or separate bodypart scales (ScaleX, ScaleY, ScaleZ, etc.).
– Rotate: Rotate both Joint axes or any constrained axis/axis-pair.
– Twist: Rotate Twist axis only.
– Universal: Translate, Scale, Rotate all with one visual control!
Axes can be constrained in the same way as the Cinema 4D tools by highlighting the axial control and dragging. For Translate and Scale, there are also Planar constraints that work the same as the Cinema 4D tools. *X-Y-Z keys no longer used for constraining axes
- Without constraints, these standard interactive transforms are used:
– Translation occurs about the screen plane.
– Scale affects overall scale, not the X,Y,Z components.
– Rotate rotates both Joint axes.
- Visual display of current operation mode.
- Tool settings automatically stored and retrieved from file ‘ipptool.prf’.
- Dialog that allows quick selection of Poser Camera, Light, Prop, and Figure iPP Base objects to get at their Dial and other properties.
- Dockable and savable with Cinema 4D Layout.
- Displays an Object Manager-like interface on the left and Attributes Manager on the right.
- Multi-selection added.
- Double-clicking on object folds/unfolds to object in Object Manager.
- Drag-n-drop within hierarchy now supported.
- Poser Point At support via iPP PointAt Expression tag added to iPP Base objects.
- Fully setup in content and scene imports with Point At directives.
- Point At any object with drag-n-drop.
- Point At dial automatically added to iPP Base object.
- Point Camera (or other object) at Figure body part with this tag.
- Select figure and body part from those in scene using drop-down lists.
- *OR* use the AutoPoint feature which points to the body part selected by the iPP Figure tag.
iPP IKChain and IKGoal (Unofficial)
- Rudimentary IK system support via iPP IKChain Expression tag added to iPP Figure objects.
- Easily set the End and Anchor body parts.
- Quickly add Goal and Tip end-effector either by drag-n-drop or automatic-creation buttons.
- Record IK animation with Record buttons.
- Enable and set IK link body part limits and weights.
- Affectors are now fully handled to allow such features as body handles to work properly.
- Portability of C4D documents containing interPoser Pro content between Windows and MacOS.
- Backward compatibility of C4D documents containing interPoser Pro content will be maintained.
- Spanish language support (no Spanish documentation yet).
- Recent Content and Scenes.
- BVH Import.
- Favorites. Supports both Poser content and scenes.
- Joint Parameter editing.
- Texture reference updating.
- interPoser Ltd support in Pro using Pro Wavefront OBJ import.
- Dynamic Hair import as Spline or Hair object.
- iPP Data Folder path so you can set location of .prf files, recents, favorites, IPPLog.txt, and temporary files.
- Multi-License, License Server support.
- Master-Slave Creation, Deletion, Editing